Western Digital Hard Drive Problem Message

Migwell 11:55 19 Jan 04

I have a Western Digital 60 Gig hard drive. Things got so bad with crashing. and hard drive not being found when booting up that I formatted it and went for a clean install of Win XP Pro. The drive has formatted and I started to put Win XP Pro in. At one point after the system coppies the new Windows files to the drive it needs to re-boot. At this point all I get is a blue screen with whit white letters saying (STOP: c0000221 unknown hard error\systemroot\system32\ntdll.dll) end of message what is going on? is the hard drive dead or dying? When I boot from another drive I can see the Western and all the Windows files I have just put on to it but it still will not go through the boot process.

I managed to extract all my working files from it even though it was acting up the other day, by booting from my other drive and and making a coppy from It.

Any Ideas will be most welcome. The Drive in question was a replacement for a Maxtor that went wrong and was replaced, and can only be six months old at best.

Regards Migwell

Gongoozler 12:08 19 Jan 04

Does this help - click here

Migwell 15:18 19 Jan 04

Thank you Gongzooler

Had a look at this but I would still like to know how to get rid of it so I can Re-install windows XP I have formatted and installed twice up to now and still I am no further on

Giant68 16:45 19 Jan 04

I had the same problem with a WD 40GB drive. In the end I sent it back to Western Digital and they sent me a replacement. Check out their website for return info. It had to go back to Germany but within a week I had the replacement.

Giant68

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…