Western Digital Elements Vista Problem

darkster 20:07 29 Sep 07

Hi,
I have just bought a 500GB Western Digital USB HDD. It says on the box that is certified for Vista and plug and play but when I connect the drive it searches for drivers! After searching windows update it asks for the driver cd. I have no driver disc as the drive didn't come with one and I've been on the WD support website but I cannot find any drivers there either! I have another external hard drive that works fine. Any ideas please?
Regards

Purrfling 21:50 21 Nov 07

I bought a 250GB Western Digital 2.5 inch Passport drive 'Black' last week and have exactly the same problem in all respects. WD's website says it's compatible with Vista and I have confirmed the drive works on my other PC with XP. The packaging has weasel words: 'Compatibility may vary depending on user's hardware configuration and operating systems'. Like you I hunted fruitlessly on WD's website. I have sent an email on their technical service which promises a 1 working day turnaround usually, 3 if busy, and apart from the automatic acknowledgement heard nothing back after 5 working days. If I do hear anything useful I'll post it here.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now