Western Digi Extl Drive Win 7 Does Not Recognise

Legslip 22:17 19 May 10

My pal has a W. Digital My Book Essential WD6400H1U-00. She has recently purchased a new PC with Win 7 and the PC fails to see the drive.

Is it a driver issue and if so are drivers available and how do I install 'em i.e. on the Xtl HD or on the PC?

northumbria61 23:50 19 May 10

Open Control Panel - Folders Options - Make sure that "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is selected - click Apply then OK.

northumbria61 23:51 19 May 10

Sory - forgot to say from the VIEW tab - Make sure that "Show hidden files, folders and drives" is selected -

Legslip 08:51 20 May 10

Hi Northumbria. B...y wierd! My friend has the same PC as me on my recommendation. I bought the W.Digi home with me so I could sus the prob on my PC and plugged it in. Lo & behold, my PC sees it, even with View,All Files & Folders unticked. Mmmmm?

Legslip 10:06 20 May 10

Thinking aloud. One difference is that she uses Virgin Media Security and I use Microsoft Security Essentials. Had probs myself with Virgin Media (see other threads click here ). I wonder?

northumbria61 11:14 20 May 10

Go to "Device Manager" - View Tab - Show Hidden Devices - you should see your WD listed somewhere there - if not under disk drives try USB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009