We're shortly going to move the forum

Forum Editor 17:30 17 Mar 04

to a different server in a new location, and this will result in some disruption to normal service over the next twenty four hours or so. Once we start the move we'll suspend activity in the threads, and we'll stop the registration section of the site. This will happen tomorrow morning (Thursday 18th March). Oliver Dell and his team have worked hard to ensure that things go smoothly but moving huge databases and complex code is always a slightly tense procedure, and I know you'll bear with us during the down-time.

The move should result in a more stable site, and the JRun server error messages that we've been seeing of late should be a thing of the past.

Thanks for your continuing support - we'll look forward to seeing you all on the new server.

Taran 17:56 17 Mar 04

Fingers and toes well and truly crossed and wishing the staff all the best of everything for the move. I don't envy them the job.

PurplePenny 19:30 17 Mar 04

Fingers, toes and hair crossed .... well I'll have to do something with my hands to get over the anxiety attacks.

Please pass my good wishes to the whole team.

barryoneoff.co.uk 22:54 17 Mar 04

Does this mean I will have to move my PC into a different room? ;)

PurplePenny 23:38 17 Mar 04

No, the PC stays in the same place but the room will move around it!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…