Were can I get AVG free version

thicasabrick 20:55 20 Jun 07

Hi all am trying to download AVG free programme, tried to do it from Download. com but it only gets to 9% and the stops. Any were else I can get it from. Also while I am at it have just installed a new hard drive what other free software should I install to make surfing the net safe. Thanks all

VoG II 20:56 20 Jun 07
  thicasabrick 21:04 20 Jun 07

Thanks for the quick reply VoG but that link just takes me to the Download.com site. I tried it again but this time it stopped dowloading at 30%. Any ideas.

wjrt 21:49 20 Jun 07

click here

try here

wjrt 21:50 20 Jun 07

click here

try here

SANTOS7 21:54 20 Jun 07

I would be worried first about why VoG™s link takes you somewhere where it is not supposed to, the link takes me straight to AVGs website which accomodates the free download.
you may have some more underlying issues to deal with first...

p;3 22:17 20 Jun 07

avg exe is

click here

link to page is

click here

are you on dial up or broadband?

and what else protection wise is on board? and windows version too

thicasabrick 09:38 21 Jun 07

At the moment I have no protection what so ever, dangerous I know, (fitted brand new hard drive yesterday)Am on broadband. Running windows XP. Santos7, I should have explained better, the link from Vog takes me to the Grisoft site but the link from there takes me to the Download.com site. When I try to download the programme from there, it gets to about 9% and then stops.

VoG II 09:54 21 Jun 07

Try here click here Windows (alternative download)

p;3 11:43 21 Jun 07

this link ,as already previously supplied goes DIRECT to the AVG 7.5 exe; I gave it as it does go direct TO the download to save you trying to find it
click here I presume you did not yet click on it?
on Broadband it should download fairly quicky...

about maybe 3 minutes if not quicker.....

thicasabrick 12:06 21 Jun 07

Thanks for all help so far. Anyone advise me on what other protection to use. Thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…