WEP or WPA or WPA/PSK ?

Giggle n' Bits 19:01 04 Jun 08

Can someone tell me which is more secure please.
Having wireless issues with WPA dropping the connection after a few mins like 10 - 20 mins the connection goes then comes back.

brundle 19:03 04 Jun 08

WPA/PSK. Encyrption method won't affect the connection unless you have and slow PC that is struggling to keep up. Check the wireless channel (1,6 or 11 best to try first).

L8-tian 19:04 04 Jun 08

model number of router?

Giggle n' Bits 19:21 04 Jun 08

its a O2 Wireless II White colour
Made by Thompson TG585 v7
Firmware: 7.4.20.3

Also noted in the Routers Configuration the Time Configuration says the time is 18:19 when its actually 19:19 is this correct?

L8-tian 19:35 04 Jun 08

There is intermediate disconnection on wireless.The encryption method will not affect the wireless.please check the firmware version of the router whether its a latest one or not.
if not.. upgrade the firmware version to latest one. that resolves your concern.

Giggle n' Bits 21:13 04 Jun 08

O2 claimed to have updated the Firmware from their end down the line (Didn't know if this was possible at the time) as far as I am aware it is the latest firmware.

I think the O2 router vII model is faulty. I have called them 3 times and will soon be calling them again and asking for MAC number as I am not happy with them blaming it on my Laptop and x2 other XP desktops. I have tried x2 Belkin Adapters, x1 Netgear and 2 other routers with no problem. But Still O2 say its the config of my equipment.

L8-tian 22:27 04 Jun 08

Am sure there is no problem in the lap top.
if you call Tech support of O2.. confirm the firmware version. if it is latest .. then the product is faulty.

Giggle n' Bits 22:35 04 Jun 08

I will call them in a mo, I managed to get the XP Desktop on wireless, tried to install SP3 for XP just looked and its failed. It disconnected after 12mins.

Calling O2 in a mo, just going to get my big mug of tee and a fag.

L8-tian 22:44 04 Jun 08

ok chips&bytes

Giggle n' Bits 23:57 05 Jun 08

Finally after going through another 3/4 Hr call with O2 they are sending me a new Router ! So will have to see what happens now. Thanks for your postings to my thread.

L8-tian 14:38 10 Jun 08

Now I am sending you the answer for question "which is secured WEP, WPA or WPA-PSK?Try with the security WPA-PSK.Which is more secure than rest.a pre-shared key or PSK is a shared secret which was previously shared between the two parties using some secure channel before it needs to be used.

WPA-PSK uses a pass-phrase, which is between 8 and 63 characters long.
WPA-PSK provides the strong encryption protection.

WPA-PSK is a special mode of WPA for home users without an enterprise authentication server.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…