Wep keys problem..

csantos001 21:55 07 Sep 07

Hey! I am wondering on how I can enter several wep keys in windows xp? I was given 4 different keys to use, and I don't understand how to use them? Any input will be gratefully appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

irishrapter 22:38 07 Sep 07

You only need one of the four WEP keys, usually its the first one.

However, WEP can be broken in about five minutes.
I would suggest you use WPA if your hardware will allow it. WPA with a good random password of at least 20 characters should be secure enough.

csantos001 22:51 07 Sep 07

ok Thanks! it's not my decision on what security to use (government institution)
why were 4 keys given to me? out of curiosity?

irishrapter 15:46 08 Sep 07

When you use WEP on most routers you have the option to generate the WEP keys automatically using a passphase or entering them manually.

If you choose automatic the router will generate four keys based on the passphase, on some routers you can use any of these four but on other routers you must select which key is going to be used.

I would imagine that since you have been given all four keys then any of these should work.
If not just try each key one at a time, some wireless access card will allow you to enter numerous keys.

Let us know if you get it working!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…