wep

lezw 09:53 15 May 08

hi i`m trying to put another computer onto my wireless network but mr nobody has used and lost the printout with the wep key on it is there a way to recover it without reinstalling the whole setup/

simmo09 10:17 15 May 08

if the key is on the pc still you can use Cain to recover it.

Can you not just reset the router and/or is the key not on a sticker on the router?

Alternatively there are ways of recovering "cracking" the key but i will not help you there.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:33 15 May 08

"another computer"

you can access the router config pages on the PC that is already connected.

make and model of router?

By the way WEP is useless and can be cracked in less than 5 minutes. you would be better using WPA

simmo09 11:05 15 May 08

which even then WPA,WPA2-PSK can be cracked if the passhphrase is weak. If you use WPA have a word that consists of random ucase, lcase, integers and chars. A good example would be something like:

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz123456789YOURPASSWORD

It would be unfeasable to break into that!

ambra4 12:44 15 May 08

Access the router go to the wireless section and copy the SSID and security code to notepad and save to the computer desktop copy the file to a flash drive

Connect flash drive to laptop and just copy & paste SSID and code when requested

mfletch 13:23 15 May 08

Download this onto the computer that already has the wep key,

click here {stand alone version}

Run it and click on secrets it will tel you your wep key and your pass words,

mfletch

^wave^ 13:28 15 May 08

what router type can you access the router and find the key

lezw 18:42 15 May 08

thanks all mfletch i downloaded siw but the secrets wouldn`t work on my laptop running vista but did on my sons xp one

mfletch 19:22 15 May 08

Have you got the key now then from your sons Laptop

mfletch

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…