Well, its May 2nd...(regarding VM Upgrade)

Ronyap 19:42 02 May 09

According to Virgin Media, all 2mb Broadband users are supposed to get a boost to 10Mb on May 1st.

Guess what? My broadband is still on 2Mb. Anyone else got the upgrade yet?

MAT ALAN 19:51 02 May 09

“The migration of customers from 2Mb to 10Mb is expected to take place from May and represents the largest-scale speed upgrade ever to take place in the UK,” said Virgin Media..
click here

I doubt very much it will be done in a day considering how many users there are...

Sea Urchin 19:56 02 May 09

When will you get the boost?

We’ll be upgrading our speeds area-by-area. Areas will begin to upgrade during this Summer with completion in the Autumn.

Ronyap 20:02 02 May 09

Well, Ive contacted Virgin Media, and they say that they will be charging me the extra £2 from this month, so I guess Im one of the first areas? Lucky me :P

Thanks

Sea Urchin 22:15 02 May 09

Also from VM:

"What happens next?

It’s simple – we’ll take care of everything, so you don’t need to do a thing. Just remember, to get the new speed you just have to reboot your modem!"

MAT ALAN 10:34 04 May 09

Why are you being charged an extra £2.00 when it clearly states from my link...

"Current 2Mb customers won’t be charged any extra for the upgrade and won’t have to sign a new contract."

Sea Urchin 10:45 04 May 09

I was just going to say that :@)

Ronyap 21:47 04 May 09

Thats the thing! On the internet it says that its 'free upgrade' as it says here. But the letter that was sent to my parents says that I have to pay an extra £2. I told my parents that it says it was supposed to be 'free', but since they actually got a printed letter from VM, i cant relly argue.

Can anyone else comfirm whether its free or not? Coz, I think PC advisor got it slightly wrong.

Update: I am still on 2mb ><. Cannot wait for 10mb.

Sea Urchin 21:59 04 May 09

Taken from this link:

Current 2Mb customers won’t be charged any extra for the upgrade and won’t have to sign a new contract.

click here

Ronyap 22:06 04 May 09

Yes well...

1) Ive already read that

2) My point still stands from the fact that I received a letter...

Also one of the comments from that site:

"
How can the upgrage to 10 mg be free? yesterday virgin sent me the latest price increase and guess what, the 2mg is going up £2-00 but as this package is no longer available to new subscribers .
This means that the "free" upgrade" which you have no choice about will cost £2-00 / month
The cost of the paper bills are going up to £1.25/month and if you like me on a fixed income don't have direct debit have to pay £5-00/month for cash, even if you use the E-bill you still pay even if you pay by credit cards.
I am taking this to Trading Standards to see if its misleading."

I hate VM's misleading info.

Ronyap 22:09 04 May 09

Oh, and another one:

"I have just been informed by virgin media that the increase from 2meg to 10 meg will incur an extra £2.00 pounds per month. The upgrade is not free!! Better to get disconnected and then re apply....prices for new customers are much better than exisitng.
Sky package seems better. Thanks a bunch Richard!!"

Btw Sea Urchin are with VM 2mb BB as well?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…