well done - wireless network and broadband

abbott8 21:02 05 Mar 05

I have just replaced my old wire network with a wireless system, just plugged everything in and started it up. It all worked first time and all my shared files are accessable to all on my network

Well done BT Voyager

Forum Editor 00:54 06 Mar 05

and 99 out of a 100 times that's how it is - wireless networking is simple to set up in the vast majority of cases, and I'm pleased you had no problems.

abbott8 11:03 06 Mar 05

so am I after the problems I had setting up the wired network

Chezdez 11:07 06 Mar 05

WAIT!!

you had trouble with wired, and no problems with wireless???

Forum Editor 11:30 06 Mar 05

on my network". Bear in mind that unless and until you secure the network those files will literally be "available to all".

Chezdez 13:25 06 Mar 05

yeah, you might wanna put some security on your wireless, i know the chances of someone parking up in a car with a laptop and "hacking" you are very slim, but any personal data (bank/credit card) will be free for anyone to access, so i'd suggest you get some security

wireless isn't my field yet (getting the hang of wired though :P), but i'm sure someone else knows

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…