Weird window pops up?

soupz 03:30 24 Dec 07

Hi,

Everytime I use my computer, after 5 minutes of use, a small black window would pop up which seems to be trying to access the net but fails to. Theres no way to close it and i dont know what it is. Would anyone recognise it? I have uploaded a screen Shot of my desktop.

Please help. Its very very annoying having this window a permanent fixture on my desktop.

click here

p;3 05:03 24 Dec 07

you give no information about which computer windows system you are using,if you are on dial up or boadband, what antivirus protection you have on board and what other protection you have, when you last updated it all and when you last ran scans, and if system restore is enabled; if system restore IS enabled has IT been tried to roll back the computer to a date before this thing appeared?

that for a basic start will help others to know what you have hopefully already tried and where to go from here

Robotic_Rob 05:09 24 Dec 07

It would help if you really did upload a screen shot. All i got was an advert when i clicked.

p;3 05:21 24 Dec 07

as your own thread suggests
click here
you might be infected yourself::))

I do not wish to click again ON the screan shot

Robotic_Rob 05:26 24 Dec 07

lol, ive now realised what ive done. I clicked the desktop(obviously its going to be an advert, doh) and ive just seen the click here at the bottom on the topic. It is late, thats my excuse.

I suggest you just scan your computer with a range of virus checkers.

birdface 07:20 24 Dec 07

Not an advert to me.It just says navigation to web site was canceled.

birdface 08:35 24 Dec 07

Problem seems to be with HP Computers.So far this looks like the only method that works.click here

birdface 08:50 24 Dec 07

Googled.It will give you some others to have a look at.click here=

soupz 18:14 24 Dec 07

Hello,

Thankyou for the replies. Im sorry I havent replied sooner. (Had a lot of last minute christmas shopping to do!)

I'm sorry i didnt give much more information at the start!

buteman, that seems to be the solution, I cant apply it at the moment becuase it has not popped up yet, but it will do very soon Will try the solution then!

Thankyou very much for your kind help!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…