Weird winding on sound recording

Josquius 22:09 01 Sep 06

So I was playing aronud on my guitar today with my mic in place in case I stumbled upon anything good.
When I played back my sound recording it sounded somewhat odd. There appears to be a winding sound over the top of it all.
There was definatly nothing like that in the room with me- it seemed rather quiet.

Here is a snippet of my recording with the wind going on:

click here

I've never came across anything like this before in my history of crappy recording...

De Marcus™ 22:16 01 Sep 06

Background noise? Poor or average quality Mic? Unshielded cables? What you hear and what's actually there are two different things, perhaps try recording directly click here

STREETWORK 22:17 01 Sep 06

I don't think anyone would download this for security/viral/trojan reasons, you will have to think of another way.

gudgulf 22:29 01 Sep 06

Ooops...I downloaded it.....NO viruses but it could damage your speakers!

Sorry Josquius,lol

It doesn't sound too bad through my X-Fi sound card when digitally mixed uo to 5.1 sound and using the "Crystaliser" function which is supposed to reconstruct the missing information from compressed music files.

BUT .....through my headphones I see or rather hear what you mean......sounds like something near or in the microphone "rattling" along to the music.

Could the microphone gain be turned up a bit too much?

What recording setup are you using?

Josquius 13:18 02 Sep 06

Audacity and a USB microphone (I think its a decent quality one, can't remember the numbers though)

I've tried direct recording but...It just doesn't sound good. Its very faint and totally lacking tone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…