Weird Problem With My Wireless

dboorn23 20:11 05 Nov 06

Hi, my problem is that for some reason i can connect to my next door neighbours wireless internet (which i have permission to do while i sort this out!) but cannot connect to my own network. Both my flatmates can connect to the router fine and have no problems browsing and downloading. I have tried to repair the connection but it says cannot renew my IP address. When it connects to the router it doesn't seem to have a default gateway set. That is the only thing i notice. If it helps it's a D link wireless router. Also i have been able to connect before for about 3 weeks but this has just suddenly happened for the last 3 days. Any help would be much appreciated!

mgmcc 08:35 06 Nov 06

Try deleting your current 'profile' (which may be corrupt) in the wireless settings and creating it again by going through the procedure to "Connect".

In other words, run the wireless adapter's software, scan for "Available Wireless Networks", find and highlight the one that matches your router's SSID (network name) and select the option to "Connect" to it. You should be prompted to enter any WEP or WPA encryption key and, once "Connected", the wireless adapter should get its IP address by DHCP from the router and you should have network and internet access.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…