Weird problem with Internet Explorer

dave_the_red 22:04 29 Apr 04

I have the strangest problem with internet explorer. It works great on my admin account but when somebody else logs in and uses it on a limited user account, web pages that begin with www. will not work. For example i did a search from the google toolbar i have installed. If i click on a link to a site that begins with www. nothing happens but if i click on a link that has not got www. at the beginning it works. Also if i type an address into the address bar nothing happens. It was working fine up until a couple of days ago. I am using IE6 and XP Pro. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

johnnyrocker 23:33 29 Apr 04

i think best bet is a system restore to known good working point, you will lose any new progs you have installed but can rectify easily enough.

woodchip 23:37 29 Apr 04
  dave_the_red 09:03 30 Apr 04

I am at work at the moment but will try these suggestions out tonight and see how things go. Thanks for the help.

dave_the_red 20:23 07 May 04

I have tried these suggestions and no joy at the moment but nobody else but me is really using my pc at the moment so it does not bother me too much now. I will look into this in the future, thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…