Weird Pixel Problem on Dell S2440L Monitor

fobos3 08:25 08 Aug 13

Hi, I recently bought a Dell S2440L monitor and I have a weird pixel problem. I noticed a black spot on my screen a few days ago and initially I thought it was a dead pixel. However, I used my phone to take a picture of the pixel on different backgrounds and this is what I observer: 1. On white background the green LED is actually brighter than the red and green LEDs. 2. If I use a green background, the green LED is actually dimmer than the adjacent pixels. So much so that the pixel appears black. 3. The pixel appears black on all backgrounds and completely disappears on a black background.

Any idea what this is? I thought a dead or stuck pixel wouldn't change colour but this one does.

Regards

fobos3 08:40 08 Aug 13

Here are some of the pictures I've taken. The quality is not very good but still visible. Green and White.

BRYNIT 09:35 08 Aug 13

It could be a dead pixel but from the pictures it looks like you have more than one, I would contact the supplier.

Mr Mistoffelees 15:48 08 Aug 13

Unless you have a no-dead-pixel guarantee you are likely to just have to learn to live with it, unless the retailer offers a goodwill gesture.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…