Weird mouse in win 98 startup

Newuser3605 17:31 08 Sep 08

I cannot install Win 98 as the mouse ceases to work as soon as I type any letter in the Name box. Without having a name it won't continue.
The mouse moves until this point.
I can type in a name but can't use Continue.
I have tried the ordinary mouse and the usb one. It doesn't make any difference.
Any ideas, please?

Newuser3605 17:55 08 Sep 08

Sorry. I meant setup not startup.

Sea Urchin 18:01 08 Sep 08

Tapping the Enter key should be the same as Continue - worth a try, and then if successful the mouse might work from there

Newuser3605 21:49 08 Sep 08

Many thanks Sea Urchin.
I can get to the next page but this requires me to agree to the terms. There is no way I can get to or click in the small box.
I have installed Win 98 many times and never had this problem before.

Newuser3605 14:42 09 Sep 08

Many thanks Beta. Your advice was spot on. Tab took me straight to the I accept box and from then on it was all plain sailing.
It all seems so easy when you know how!
Cheers.

kalignorgna 15:10 09 Sep 08

use the power of TAB, you can do the intire windows install with only a keyboard buy using Tab, enter and arrow keys. use tab to cycle options arrow keys to change options and enter to continue, oh only try to change date and keyboard setup if u know how to do it with keyboard as can be triky

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…