Weird mouse / keyboard problem - please help!

Lucky-Jim 20:14 14 Jan 06

Hi folks,

I can normally manage to sort myself out with PC things, but this has got me stumped.

When I turm my PC on for the first time each day, Windows boots and everything runs properly, but I'm unable to interact as neither the mouse or keyboard will work. The cursor just stays stuck in the midle of the screen and I'm unable to open task manager, tab through options or anything.

Now...

When I reset the computer, again it will boot, but this time everything is fine and functioning. You can guarantee though, that if I reset it once more, the input devices won't work again.

Basically, it's as if this problem only arises every alternate time I boot the machine.

Anyone got any ideas? This is doing my nut!

Cheers in advance :)

starlet 08:40 15 Jan 06

Hi Jim,
I have had the same problems, I resolved it by cleaning out all old extra drivers from previous mices/mice.
look in Device Manager,Mice or other pointing devices, and uninstall all in there,reboot let windows find your mouse if you have drivers show were to find and install them,all things should then be working fine.

Starlet

Lucky-Jim 11:48 15 Jan 06

Thanks Starlet,

Still no joy though I'm afraid. Strange because the optical mouse still lights up when I can't use it, although the num lock and caps lock lights don't illuminate when I press them.

They're both PS2 connection by the way, and I'm running XP.

Any other offers?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…