Weird Left-Click Mouse problem

TicTacToc 16:31 28 Aug 07

I have a Logitech G5 wired optical mouse.

It does this weird thing when after long periods (e.g. 2-6 hours) of no movement or clicking, the left click will stop functioning.

After 20 minutes it slowly returns to normal although it is annoying.

I have formatted and reinstalled Windows and although the problem temporarily went away, it has now resurfaced.

Any ideas why this may be happening?
Thanks.

cocteau48 16:39 28 Aug 07

Have you tried swapping over the left/right buttons on the mouse.(control panel/mouse/buttons/switch primary and secondary buttons)
If the problem stays with the left button I would suspect a new mouse may be the solution.

TicTacToc 16:40 28 Aug 07

Yeah, I swap the buttons until the left click 'comes back'.

The problem seems to be more OS related to me although I'm not sure...

spuds 16:52 28 Aug 07

When you commence having the problem, have you tried a reboot of the computer.If you have tried this, what happened after reboot?.

TicTacToc 15:28 02 Sep 07

A reboot didn't seem to affect anything. The left click took the same amount of time to 'recover' after being left than without a restart.

I guess it must be the mouse although it seems a fairly weird problem and it's rather frustrating that for an expensive mouse it's being so annoying..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…