Weird internet problems

will123 20:07 06 Jan 05

I started surfing the web with no anti virus or any other protection(a stupid miskate), well as you can imagine the viruses poured in and my comptuer got problems, it lagged didnt load programs all sorts of stuff. IN the end i formatted my drive and re-installed windows 2000. I then installed a firewall (zonealarm with all updates) a anti virus(pc-cillin with updates) and spy bot search and destroy. My internet is still messed up though, im getting weird lag and connection problems, for instance website sometimes dont load, MSN signs me out automatically and games dont stand a chance online. Why is this after a complete wipe of my hard drive and all nesercery programs installed??
thanks all

david.h 20:10 06 Jan 05

I would re format. A fresh install may be the only way to clean a pc that has been heavly poluted with a large number of spyware, virus programs etc.

LeadingMNMs 20:13 06 Jan 05

You may need to re-install some drives after your format. Also run Windows Update.

LeadingMNMs 20:13 06 Jan 05

Drivers rather than drives ;)

Graham ® 20:14 06 Jan 05

My first impression: there is something wrong with the PC which you assumed was being caused by malware.

Faulty memory can be a cause of strange behaviour.

Graham ® 20:16 06 Jan 05

Memory test click here

will123 20:23 06 Jan 05

well my broswer is barley working atm, so it will take a while to run this test, if i do have faulty memory please tell me theres a way to fix it without replacing it

Graham ® 20:26 06 Jan 05

If there is more than one stick, you could try one at a time to prove it is the memory. Also check all the sticks are securely seated.

will123 20:28 06 Jan 05

well my broswer is barley working atm, so it will take a while to run this test, if i do have faulty memory please tell me theres a way to fix it without replacing it

will123 21:09 06 Jan 05

done the memory thing and there all good, formatted my hardrive deleate the partition and wrote a new one, and still lagging not loading etc. Any more ideas?

Graham ® 21:19 06 Jan 05

Try another browser. Opera is highly thought of:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017