Weird connection problem

grove39 13:28 29 Dec 09

couple of months ago i built a new pc , plugged the router into the onboard lan and i was on the net in seconds , a week ago it decided to not want to connect to the net so i assumed a bad nic , went and bought a new nic , plugged it in , back on the net , yesterday it decides its not going to let me download anything , and i mean anything , all i get is connection reset by server.

now heres the weird part , i plugged in a wireless dongle and i can download whatever i want to no problem at all , i'm running win 7 so thought maybe its that , put xp back on , same thing happens.

i'm totally confused as to why i can use the net on wireless but not at all on 2 nic's that are wiredyes i tried bypassing the router too and connecting to the cable modem directly)

i'm now wondering if its the board that may be faulty but i dont was to go through all the RMA stuff which i dont want to do just yet just incase its something simple causing it.

board is an asus m3n-ht mempipe

grove39 02:17 31 Dec 09

not to worry , swapped out the new nic i bought for a different one and its all working again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5