this is weird...

willymagic 15:18 09 Aug 06

Hi there, im getting a really weird message each time i turn on my computer this message comes up straight away....

"Alert! system battery voltage is low.. F1 to continue... F2 enter set up"

when i press F1 everything then loads up as normal and works fine!

any thoughts on this would be much appreciated!

VoG II 15:28 09 Aug 06

Change the motherboard battery click here

willymagic 15:42 09 Aug 06

i see!! that explains a little more.. many thanks

recap 15:52 09 Aug 06

A word of caution when replacing these batteries willymagic, do not to use your fingers when placing the new battery in its slot. The grease from your fingers can damage the battery and may not give the life expectancy you would normally expect. I would recommend that you use a pair of tweezers from taking the new battery out of it's casing, to inserting it into your motherboard.

DieSse 15:57 09 Aug 06

*I would recommend that you use a pair of tweezers from taking the new battery out of it's casing, to inserting it into your motherboard.*

Definately NOT if they're metal tweezers - you'll probably short it and may therefore damage it!

recap 16:06 09 Aug 06

Yes, sorry DieSse, I should have stated to use the plastic type of tweezers.

DieSse 16:10 09 Aug 06

No probs - I wouldn't have mentioned it, except that most tweezers will be metal!

willymagic 16:14 09 Aug 06

many thanks guys i will deffinitely use PLASTIC tweezers then, can anyone tell me where i could go to get one of these batteries?.. i mean are they standard or does each motherboard use different types?.. many thanks

NewestRoyWidd1 16:22 09 Aug 06

willymagic;Normally the batteries ar CR2302,easily obtainable from Tesco etc.Regarding using tweezers,I didn't when installing a new battery a few months ago,this was done without problems.

willymagic 16:46 09 Aug 06

thanks newestRoy... off to tesco's then!! :)

DieSse 16:55 09 Aug 06

They're CR2032 - not as above.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…