weight loss/gain

conrail 09:56 07 Jul 06

trying to creat an excel sheet which will give a total weight loss/game for sisters slimming club members, there does not appear to be an option under 'format cells'everything else seems to be there but this option, can anybody help please?

VoG II 10:05 07 Jul 06

Say the weights are in Column A starting at Row 2.

In B2 enter the formula

=A$2-A2

Click in B2, hover the cirsor over the bottom right of the cell until the cursor turns into a + then hold down the left mouse button and drag down as far as required to copy the formul;a down. This will give a cumulative loss/gain column which is what I presume you are after.

conrail 10:56 07 Jul 06

thanks for that VoG™, what I am after is the option to show the weights as stones + lbs, as I can with dates, ie 1/01/06 or 1st Jan 06 as with other options, time, currency, etc. I would like to show in each cell the weight ie 10 stone 5lbs, the formula is not a problem, I can just use the lbs option and that is straight forward but my sister would like it in stones + lbs.

VoG II 11:04 07 Jul 06
  conrail 11:14 07 Jul 06

thanks, that is what I am after, much appreciated

Harish-194666 11:18 07 Jul 06

you could write a formulae in the next cell to display as your sister like to see. eg in cell E5, put the value as 10 14 (for 10 stone 14 pounds), and put a formulae in the cell F6,
=LEFT(E5,2)&" Stones "&RIGHT(E5,2)&" Pounds"
Cell E5 and Cell F5, would look like :-

10 14 10 Stones 14 Pounds

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…