Weed out words? part 2

tnelis 16:13 06 Apr 04

In Excel I am using data/filter/autofilter to filter my long list of words, one per row...trouble is my Excel the colums are only 60,000 rows deep, and my word list is 1,500,000, This means I have to break my list into 26 seperate lists. This makes filtering very laborious....Filtering works on only one column at a time, so I can't do many columns on one sheet....Any ideas please?

118-118 Got Your Number 16:22 06 Apr 04

I can't see anyway around this. Sounds like you've got the whole Oxford Dictionery in there.

tnelis 17:21 06 Apr 04

How about using MS Access instead of Excel? Can anyone please give me a little bit of a kick start.....how do I begin this job in Access that started in Excel?

118-118 Got Your Number 23:18 06 Apr 04

Open Access and import the spreadsheets into a table.

However you will still need to filter your text in Access; This is easier than Word but not as easy as Excel.

The problem still remains that you have over a million records to check. That is going to be one mother of a database. Some mid-sized companies don't have DBs that big!

I'm not too hot on Access Text filtering, although trawling through the help files might turn up results.

woodchip 23:31 06 Apr 04

If you use Quattro Pro 10 or 11You can forget the size basically

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…