Webspace help - How do i erase?

wyatt earp 10:58 18 Jan 03
  wyatt earp 10:58 18 Jan 03

(Posted from NTL Hellworld site) Hi All & hope you can help.
My son James has been using Microsoft home publishing to create
a basic web page ( 6 pages).
Everything has been fine but he has been tampering & improving it for most of the week (that's 11 yr olds for you - if it works, don't fix it i say!) and now it is not displaying properly with the pages all over the place etc.It does not seem to matter how many times we upload it won't display the correct pages although at the outset it does ask if you wish to overwrite the pages - which we do.
For those who don't know Home Publishing allows you to create a web project then converts it automatically to html just prior to uploading.
My question relating to the above is how do we erase the contents of the webspace to start again?
We currently have no other web publishing software.

Configuration is: Win XP home (sp1)MS Office 2k MS Home Publishing Ntl 600k BB.

Any help is very welcome & have a good weekend.

Regards
Wyatt

AndySD 11:21 18 Jan 03

Use an ftp program... ntl supply a free trial of one called Terrapin. click here

« Ravin » 11:28 18 Jan 03

if you can, use microsoft frontpage. when you upload your site via frontpage ftp it will ask whether you wish to delete existing files which are not related to your site. you can do that and proceed to upload your files .

amadas 12:00 18 Jan 03

I agree with AndySD, an FTP client is an asset for uploading and downloading. Try WSFTP, free, click here

An FTP client will allow you to see what files are there, and allow you to delete if you choose.

To understand HTML basics, a page relates to files such as pictures like jpg's gif's, and where they are in relation to that particular page, so it knows where to look for them to display correctly. If you have an image within your page, place the image into a folder called images, then in the "src" code, ensure it is linked to that folder. src="images/imagename.jpg" for example.

Good Luck
Amadas
ACE CIWa

wyatt earp 12:22 18 Jan 03

Thanks a lot. Will try these things - if still a prob will get back to you.
Wyatt

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…