websites problem

Liza 12:19 05 Aug 04

My friend has a Pentium II computer with 64mb ram (100% load). She can logon to her Internet provider but not any website.She has a modem pci card with probably networking feasibility. When modem is detected pci network controller is also detected. So there is a network which she doesnt want. The adaptor is PPP. Is this causing her ISP to function badly. Another thing the modem (Intel Ham plus V.90) diagnostics info wont appear but ISP can start. My friend used to be with a large company where she used the computer in their network. She was early retired and given computer. Is there any way she can sort this out and use her computer normally. Liza

Liza 12:12 07 Aug 04

I have managed to get the modem diagnostics to act. The ISP thus is able to connect but takes ages before its network will accept. When it finally shows its page and all the options available for use and can be used it cannot however provide website visits. It also says to restart in a little note. Restarting does not help. Has anyone any ideas. Liza

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…