Websites I maintain

pj123 17:37 16 Jul 07

Now I seem to have big problems. I have built and maintain websites for others.

Altogether there are about 9 and I usually log into each one of them around every 3 or 4 days.

Today I tried and every one of them comes up with:

"Page cannot be displayed"

All other websites I try, Amazon, Choice Stationery, PCA Forum, ebay, etc... are working fine.

Unfortunately, because it is so late I can't ring my host to see if it is a problem there. Will ring tomorrow.

Have tried ringing a couple of the owners but as they are businesses they are not there either.

Any ideas out there that I can try before tomorrow?

octal 17:52 16 Jul 07

Have you tried through a proxy in case it's your local server playing games?

Bucko1 19:00 16 Jul 07

That happened to me a few weeks ago and it was a problem with the host. They had to refresh something at their end and it was all back up again. Usually there is someone to contact 24hrs a day. Try sending them an email to their technical support. You could also log into your webspace on the host to make sure all your files are still there.

Forum Editor 20:16 16 Jul 07

these sites are all hosted on the same server?

If that is the case it may be that the server is down, although it's extremely unusual (and unprofessional) for a host to go offline like that.

Can you FTP into the server, or is that what you've been trying to do?

pj123 12:04 17 Jul 07

Thanks all. Contacted the Host this morning.

He said there was a problem with the server which affected the whole of the country for a few hours yesterday.

Everything is now back up and running OK.

Ticked as resolved.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…