//some 3rd party need geo

websites for dummies.......................

tlr 20:09 26 Mar 05

Hi
I am new to trying to get a website up and running and dont have a clue how to go about it, I downloaded net objects from PC Advisor and set out my site but I need to know how to get it from my PC to the net, I would like to know how domain names work, what I should look for in a host and what to pay, what advantage is there in having a domain name and do I need it, can I update my web site when I need to. Generally any advice and tips you can offer

Cheers
Dave

stalion 20:13 26 Mar 05

not wishing to be unhelpfull but would this not be better posted in the web design forum
Regards

mattyc_92 20:16 26 Mar 05

To start, I would use a FREE host like click here which has 50megs for you to play with... THEN you can start to think about paying for a domain....

I would consider this as then you can learn, in your own time, how to build a site, and then when you are happy that you can build a good dite, "splash" out alittle....

tlr 20:18 26 Mar 05

I have moved this question to web design forum but thanks for that mattyc_92

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date rumours and features: Google…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These clever designs help visualise a complex intelligence tool

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…