Website Won't Show Same Pics + Fonts

bassfreeker 11:06 19 Apr 04

I am creating a website using Macromedia Dreamweaver but when I upload it to the web, the fonts and pictures I have used aren't showed? it just changes the font to a basic one and the pictures aren't shown? any ideas

AcidBurn7uk 11:14 19 Apr 04

Have you uploaded the pictres along with the files? If you are viewing the pages on the same computer you developed them on the fonts should display fine as they are already installed on your system. If you are viewing on a seperate computer then they may not display because they are not installed. Try embedding the fonts into the webpages, maybe another forum member will help you with this.

Hope this helps, Jay

anchor 12:43 19 Apr 04

This problem might better be answered in Web-design forum.

I have not used Dreamweaver, but something I found long ago with Front Page, that adding a photo gave a link to the file and folder on my PC. Therefore, I could see it when viewed on my machine, but nobody else could. I had to amend the HTML code to remove this link. Perhaps Dreamweaver is the same.

As regards the font, unless the other person has that particular font installed on their PC, they will see a default font. This I believe is why professional web page makers use fonts that everyone will have, such as Verdana, Arial, Times New Roman.

I believe there is a way to embed fonts, but someone else will have to tell you how.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…