website viewing help

eeza 21:19 15 Jan 06

can anyone help?I've just bought a new laptop and when i log on to the internet to my favourite sites the content of the websites are overlapping and some of it is missing.Some sites are ok but most look pretty jumbled up.please excuse my hopelessness as its probably something really easy and obvious,but your help will be truly appreciated.ps.I'm on windows xp.

QuickHare 22:25 15 Jan 06

It's ok. No question is hopeless. You're finding a solution in the best possible way, here!

As for the laptop, if the laptop is that new, consider using a Restore CD (or something that reverts your laptop to factory condition). You will probably lose any data on the laptop, so save your documents to a removable disk (such as a floppy disk if possible or CD) beforehand.

Before you try that, however, you may wish to go to the View menu of Internet Explorer (assuming it is this you are using), point to Text Size and select Medium. If this doesn't work, go to the Tools menu, and click on Internet Options. In the General tab, click the button Accessibility and untick every box in the window that opens. Click OK, then OK and maybe Refresh. That may solve it without a CD.

QuickHare 22:26 15 Jan 06

Oh, I forgot to mention the Restore CD will be supplied by or obtained through your laptop's retailer or manufacturer.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…