website using a live or recorded website - How?

kenwyn 09:55 08 Aug 04

What are the basics needed for setting up a website with a webcam on? -do I need special knowledge/software eg permanent connection to the internet to stream the video, or an intermittent one that sends an image every x minutes. How hard is it? any advice (to a novice) gratefully received!

Sethhaniel 12:23 08 Aug 04

and see if you can see their source codes for hints on what's required:-

i.e click here select live-eye

and see how their site works ;)

tomgorham12 20:57 08 Aug 04

Generally speaking there are two ways of going about it. You can either offer a streaming solution, in which case you'd have to use the PC hosting the webcam as a server, or you can go a less demanding route, using software to ftp an image from your webcam every x minutes. I've used the latter method quite successfully.

Chegs ® 03:43 14 Aug 04

click here

I use this software to upload a new image every 30 seconds.Its free(although it is ad sponsored)I couldn't get it to upload to my own webspace,but reconfigured using its inbuilt wizard and here is the result.

click here

number21online 14:39 14 Aug 04

Adding a webcam to up-load images every x minutes is really quite easy to do. I have used 'yawcam' click here very successfully to upload images, it is free and has no sponsored adds. A more technical software is VisionGS click here which I have also used in the past and may go back to again. I have tried streaming video with both but no success .... I see the video on my own computer but can not access it remotely, but both worked very well up-loading still images. Good luck with the web cam. P.S. Argos are doing an offer of buy one get one free webcam for £24.99 they are cheap and chearful and worked well for my project.

kev.Ifty 23:48 14 Aug 04

My Postings^^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…