A WEBSITE TO UPLOAD LOADS OF PICTURES

SANAP 14:48 14 Jan 07

A new advenure, how do i set up a website where i can upload lots of images, then ad a banner, etc . i know i can get a free domain with say 50mb space and limited acess bandwidth.

Basically how do i get a website where people can go on and look at images with a view to buying?

simple answers as i am newbie,

sanap

barryoneoff.co.uk 14:58 14 Jan 07

find a web host that you like (there are many), register a domain name and purchase a hosting package.

I use 1&1 or Web-Mania, but the choice is yours.

djbenny 20:18 14 Jan 07

there is always click here but they take a percentafe of your profits

Charlie Babbage 15:02 17 Jan 07

I've read quite a bit about CSS over the last few weeks and think I've got the general idea that it can be used to define the 'look and feel' of the whole site - the advantage being that if you then want to make alterations, you just alter the CSS code rather than (possibly) 1000's of individual pages.

I created a very simple site click here using Serif Webplus 9 which automatically inserts all the CSS for you. So far so good. However, I'm also trying to get to grips with Dreamweaver (DW) MX 2004 - I know that's not the latest version! If you choose the option of a basic HTML site and start creating a simple page, again DW starts automatically inserting CSS code. If, however, you want to create your own coding eg all h1 headings to be red color, centered does that override the code that DW inserts?

Also, exactly at what stage, should you insert the CSS code - right at the start, half way through or at the end? In DW, I'm aware that there are CSS templates. Again, if you choose to use one of those do they override any automatic CSS that DW inserts?

Apologies if this is not crystal clear but any suggestions or clarification would be appreciated.

Charlie Babbage 15:03 17 Jan 07

... meant to post the above as a new topic!!

SANAP 17:42 17 Jan 07

no, thats good and may help me no end. i am semi retired to can mess about but a bit of a newbie to most things pc.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…