website size problem, is it possible to make big?

erkmatrix 17:17 09 Feb 06

Hi just wondered if its possible to make a website big when viewed on both 1024 x 768 and 800 x 600 without having to do any horizontal scrolling. I see some sites can do this. Just wondered is it easy?

Phil

dez82 22:38 09 Feb 06

Do you mean have it stretch to fill the width of the screen or have it scale it's font size so it appears the same in both resolutions?

ade.h 23:12 09 Feb 06

If you are thinking of dynamic page layouts, these are quite easy to do, or quite hard to do, depending on which web authoring software you use.

pmorff 01:18 10 Feb 06

If you wish to fit your website into any monitor regardless of screen resolution it is best to use a percentage value for your positioning holders i.e. tables, layers/Divisions or Cascading style positioning lay out.
Having designed your website along these lines it is best to check the lay out on different monitors and resolutions. With practice you will get a feel for the right design.

To achieve conformity with tables over several pages you can design the home page and then copy and paste the html code into the other pages.

erkmatrix 09:51 10 Feb 06

oh cheers guys I think I'll leave it then sounds like I'll have to start again and don't think I can be bothered to go through all that again just yet.

Phil

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5