Website search tool

Harrier man 16:37 27 Sep 04

Can anybody recommend a search tool that I can add to my website so that visitors can search my site. My criteria are: No java implementations, no sites that scan mine and then put up the results in their own window - I want to retain control.

My site is hosted on a linux web server. There are about 40 pages but this could grow significantly over the next 2-3 years. I don't mind paying but closer to £50 than £100. I want it to be reasonably powerful. My site is xhtml 1.0 transitional standard and I would like to keep it that way.

I have tried 'Search Engine Builder' but it crashed my machine. I have also tried Aerotag, Subject Search Siter, and Atrise Everyfind but they don't suit or aren't easy to use. The best I have found so far is SearchMakerPro but it doesn't seem quite pwerful enough, at least in demo form.

Given my experience so far, I definately want to try before I buy.

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:10 30 Sep 04

click here

They have a free version, but you can use a paid for one if you wish.

Harrier man 16:23 01 Oct 04

Thanks, but freefind is hosted on their site and returns a result with sponsored links - which I don't want. I would like to retain complete control over my IP and how the result looks.

Any other options/ideas?

MeV1 16:36 04 Oct 04

You could write your own or use one of FrontPages Web-Bot searches.

click here

Most solutions include setup instrictions

Make sure your server supports ASP before buying/downloading one.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…