Website recognition by search engines.

Countryreverie 15:33 31 Jan 04

I set up a site at the end of August. It is fully accessable on other computers so it exists!However it is not searchable on Google and other main engines, that is to say when I look for it there are no results even if I input the site address.I understood that the robots could take a month or two to pick me up but this is ridiculous. I have also offered it to googles' registration tab.The site itself is set up on my ISP freespace with a forwarding from my domain name(handled by oneandone). I'm wondering if this is the problem or does anyone have any other ideas? Please excuse me if this is not allowed but the address is click here if anyone wants to check if there is any ridiculous coding which is getting in the way. Thank you

PurplePenny 16:47 31 Jan 04

Get yourself into DMOZ- the Open Directory Project. It will take a few weeks because all sites are looked at by human editors but the data compiled by DMOZ is used by other search engines and directories.

click here

Penny
PS it is quite OK to post your URL - in fact we'd be disappointed if you didn't!

Sheila-214876 17:38 31 Jan 04

I don't think the spiders check ISP free web space. I have a website up on my ISP free web space which has not been detected by the search engines, (which is fine by me because it is a private site) but I also have a commercial site at click here which was found by the spiders within two weeks of uploading it to the internet. If you want it on the search engines get yourself a "public" domain name and upload it there.

Sheila-214876 17:40 31 Jan 04

Penny, I can't get into your link? dmoz.org. Check it out for us.

poogles_uk 20:28 31 Jan 04

click here works for me.

PurplePenny 22:24 31 Jan 04

It's working for me - dmoz.org

Countryreverie 10:05 01 Feb 04

Thanks for your attention and advice. I guess the next step is to get direct hosting which is hardly going to break the bank with my needs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…