Website Problems

dj.mobile 20:51 19 Nov 05

Designed a new website-uploaded it to my ftp server-everyone tells me it looks great,trouble is i cant see it.When i type my website address in my browser all i can see is my old website.I have cleares the cache and tried another search engine but all i get is my old website-anyone else that types in my web address get the new site-any ideas?

cycoze 21:11 19 Nov 05

you dont say what OS but assuming XP try clicking Start > Run, enter " ipconfig /flushdns " (without the qoutes) in the textbox and click on "ok", if that doesent work try it again then reboot.

dj.mobile 21:16 19 Nov 05

still the same-im only seeing the old site!!!!

cycoze 21:25 19 Nov 05

it might possibly be something to do with your own ISP`s cache and may take a few hours to change, when did you upload it ?

dj.mobile 21:30 19 Nov 05

yesterday morning

cycoze 21:34 19 Nov 05

They will have updated the cache by now then.

Only other thing i can think of from the top of my head is a host`s file might be interfering, i had a simi;ar thing happen once before, unfortunatly i cant remember what to edit with in the file off hand, a quick look on Google might answer that.

dj.mobile 22:01 19 Nov 05

just looked through 20 pages on google-nothing relating to this problem!!!

cycoze 22:41 19 Nov 05

You said in your other thread that you cleared the history, that isnt enough, clear your cookies and temp internet files too, there the most important to get rid of .

Click on start then run and type in cmd click ok and enter ipconfig /flushdns once again and hit your keyboards enter key, when done close the box and reboot.

Re hosts file, just in case you are using one have a look in C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc using notepad and delete any entries for your site if you find any and save.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…