Website opens in Internet Explorer not Firefox

thumbscrew 08:41 23 Apr 09

Could anyone please try this site for me,it's a local entertainment venue click here it opens in IE, but I can't get it to open in Firefox. I have Flash Player 10 installed.

interzone55 08:49 23 Apr 09

It works fine for me in Firefox 3.0.8 and in Chrome 2.0.172.8

thumbscrew 08:55 23 Apr 09

Thanks Alan, did you click on the plectrum and get the listings etc? With me, it just flips back to the main screen, but ok in IE.

birdface 08:59 23 Apr 09

Opens in I/E but in firefox I get a dropdown bar under the toolbar which opens and says i need additional Plugins to display the media on this page.So I would imagine it is just a matter of allowing the plugins.

thumbscrew 09:13 23 Apr 09

Thanks buteman, I don't get the dropdown but I know what you mean. Any ideas how I install the Plugin?

birdface 09:56 23 Apr 09

I only keep Firefox in case I have problems with I/E so not at all sure how to add add-ons.It did say on mine that I needed to update my Flash program.I did not know you needed a different one for Firefox.

Stuartli 10:04 23 Apr 09

I've often mentioned in these forums that Firefox and other browsers have their own version of Flash Player, compared to Internet Explorer.

If you download Flash Player from the official website it automatically downloads the correct version, so you need to do it with each browser if you use both.

Or you can download the required version from:

click here

birdface 10:06 23 Apr 09

Not sure what plug in you need.But have a look at tools and click on Add-ons.And get add-ons.Or try Plugins and see what that has to offer.

Stuartli 10:06 23 Apr 09

Your link works fine for me in Firefox (3.0.9), but it's a bit too far for me to travel..:-)

brundle 10:06 23 Apr 09

Seems to need Shockwave. Download here click here, close all browsers, run installer, untick whatever toolbar they're bundling with it lately.

PC Advisor Fan 11:43 23 Apr 09

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…