Website not reading right on Opera

tlr 01:28 04 Oct 05

Hi
Is there anything I can do to allow users of Opera to view my site the same way as IE browsers. I created a site (have a look)click here and it views perfectly well in IE but one surfer comented that he used Opera and it was all over the place. If you do have a look, the background 'watermark' is going to be lightened next update (2 weeks)

Bebee 06:28 04 Oct 05

I have just run it in Opera with no problems at all. It viewed exactly the same as IE. No problems with Firefox either. Did they say what was all over the place?

A good idea to lighten the background.

Taran 11:10 04 Oct 05

It's difficult to say without knowing which version of Opera had the problem. I stopped using Opera at version 6 after everything it stood for seemed to vanish into the mist. Its developers seem to have dragged it back on track now but aside from brief periods of page testing with the latest version of the program I no longer use it.

I don't suppose you know which version of opera was throwing up the problem ?

I like the site by the way. You could do with editing the text a bit, just to make it a little easier to read, but the overall look and feel of a bike builders journal site is nice. Brought back memories of my first new bike after passing my test, a 1986 GPz1100, not forgetting my then insane haircut... ;o)

Taran 11:12 04 Oct 05

I should have added that when I viewed it in the latest version of Opera, like Bebee, found the site displayed OK.

Bebee 18:48 04 Oct 05

I was using a recent download of Opera - I downloaded it to check my site.

I should have mentioned, like Taran, that although it's not particularly my 'thing', I like the site design and found it interesting and easy to navigate.

grumpy old git 20:47 05 Oct 05

If you have download Opera it has a facility to validate each page with W3C (well, my earlier version had), correct any errors in your code, re-validate and it should render OK in all the popular browsers. It looks fine in IE and Firefox, background a bit strong for the text.

tlr 00:13 06 Oct 05

Thanks everyone
I guess it must just be his particular version of Opera causing his viewing problem
The site I built can look a bit 'cluttered' with the dark background watermark (which will be lightened)
The surfer that gave me the feedback about being all over the place was refering to the borderless tables on my site refering to models and model years
But thanks all for visiting it and feeding back
Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…