website logins

Sparky3327 15:27 30 Apr 03

On some websites I cannot login where it asks for my username and password. But not this site funnily enough.
I've disabled Zone Alarm and my security settings are medium. I run XP.
I'm sure it's a security problem but don't know where to go from here.

Sir Radfordin™ 15:37 30 Apr 03

Can you give us an example of a site you are having a problem with?

Sparky3327 15:41 30 Apr 03

Certainly, Williamhill.co.uk and Carlisleunited.co.uk
Nothing too sinister or unusual in those (unless you support Carlisle United!)

moore_mat 16:41 30 Apr 03

It sounds like a similar problem I had with Hotmail a little while back - I put my username and password in, but it just kept asking me to re-enter my password!!

I believe it's an IE6 issue (for anyone who's running it under Windows 98 as well!).

What I did was go to Tools, then click on Internet options..
Click on the Security tabs at the top.
Click the Trusted sites Icon, then click the Sites button just below.
Enter the websites that are causing you grief - be sure to take the tick out of the box at the bottom before you start.

Hopefully this will then allow you in. If not, be sure to remove the entries as they won't be of any use!

Hope this helps

M@

Sir Radfordin™ 17:36 30 Apr 03

I'm guessing you may have a problem getting onto secure websites - those with a https and not just a http.

Can you get to this link: click here

If not then that is the problem. I'm guessing you aren't going through a proxy here? If not then try the above suggestion. If you are going through a proxy post back.

Sparky3327 17:57 30 Apr 03

Sir Radfordin™, I can indeed get to the linked site and no, I'm not going through a proxy.
I've tried moore_mat's suggestion but to no avail.
It's driving me nuts!

Sir Radfordin™ 18:22 30 Apr 03

If you are using Internet Explorer try going to the Control Panel and then Add/remove and repair IE.

Or you could go to the windows update site and see if there are any updates for you to download.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…