WEBSITE LOADING TIMES

rotormota 06:31 07 May 06

Hi,
My website has been up & running for about a year now but I'm wondering on load up times for the homepage. On my PC (2.2mbps BB) it takes about 10 seconds from scratch with all cookies/history/files cleared but I have had reports of it taking much longer on the same speed BB.

click here

Regards,
Jules

De Marcus™ 09:21 07 May 06

8 secs on 10mbps (I am downloading knoppix at present though)

rotormota 12:10 07 May 06

Thanks DM. So no issue there then?

Regards,
J

mco 14:37 07 May 06

My laptop -on a wireless network - says 11mbps but it took 57 seconds for everything to download.

De Marcus™ 14:52 07 May 06

Cleared cache, temp files, etc, tried again > approx 10-12 secs on blueyonder 10mb service.

De Marcus™ 15:01 07 May 06
  De Marcus™ 15:07 07 May 06

Whoops, try running the test yourself click here , it doesn't bode well for dial up and even some broadband users.

ade.h 16:06 07 May 06

I visited your site a few days ago to see what it was like now and it did seem a little bit slow. It was the new links at the bottom (with stars) that took the longest to load, but it wasn't massively sluggish as I could see constant progress. I have just had another look and it it's perhaps slightly quicker. It's about ten seconds when counting in my head.

rotormota 07:19 08 May 06

Thanks DM. The analyzer gives a lot of useful info but I tried it on another site known to be very simple & it still gave out cautions & warnings.

That said, I have made a few format changes to the homepage which I think may make it a tad quicker?

Regards,

ade.h 15:29 08 May 06

That's better!

Right away, I could see proper text next to the stars instead of the symbols that were initially displayed and the rest of the page loads quicker as a result.

rotormota 17:33 08 May 06

Thanks Ade. Actually I had converted all that 'star' text to curves. Previously as proper type for some reason it appeared with rather rough edges. I have now converted back from curves to type hence the quicker loading &, mysteriously, the letters do not appear rough any longer.

Can converting to curves be a good thing?

Regards,
J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…