Website hosting - what type of package do i need?

nebbisch 17:36 PM 11 Feb 10

I want to set up a website for a concert I am promoting, where people can find out about the concert details, read about the artists, and link off to our ticket provider.

One of the things i want to include is a media player which will stream tracks from the artist. But I am worried that with a basic hosting package that this might not have enough capacity to deal with streaming music to a large number of simultaneous users.

Once we start marketing the concert, I would expect a few hundred visitors a day, maybe into the low thousands as the concert draws near.

I have been looking at godaddy.com's hosting packages (click here) but really have no idea how serious a package i might need (or not need) for this - can anyone help?

nebbisch 18:18 PM 11 Feb 10

yep thanks that is a good option which i had already considered, but i'd still prefer to use the media player if possible

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…