Website forwarding problem.

phil 18:41 24 Apr 03

I've just made up a small site for a friend and am having a few problems with forwarding.

The site is a simple 3 page affair in a frameset.

He has a name, click here bought through 123-reg.com and he wants it to point to his free space at Blueyonder.
When I set it for forwarding through 'frames masking' it shows up in the address bar with his domain name but loses my frameset.

ie. When it first comes up the full site is there but when you click to another page it loses the frame, even the home button does this.

If I set it for forwarding through 'non-frames masking' the site address comes up as click here but the site then works perfectly.

So a) why am I losing the frameset when I forward it through 'frame masking' and
b) why does it work perfectly in 'non-frames masking' but loses it's domain name.

The PC Doctor 20:31 24 Apr 03

Work the same for me which ever link I press...

Which web authering software are you using?

p.s. How much do these cost? been looking for one of these for ages !

The PC Doctor 20:33 24 Apr 03

Sorry got a bit off track there.

is this what you are trying to do ? click here

in order to get to this site ? click here

fitshase 20:41 24 Apr 03

Normally that is set up by the company you buy the name through. Look on their site (could be in the members only area) for Web Forwarding and normally you just login, specifiy which website you want to forward to and it will keep the purchased domain name in the address bar while showing the webiste located in the personal webspace:

i.e., keep www. highwashsystems.co.uk in the address bar while showing the visitor the site located in www. highwashsystems.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk

I hope this helps

regards

Fitshase

phil 21:08 24 Apr 03

Thanks.

The site you looked at before was set as 'Non-framed web-forwarding'

In this you get to see the site as it should look but without the name being masked.

I have now changed it to 'Framed web-forwarding'
and if you take a look now you'll see that the way it works has all changed.
Click a button to see.

It does keep the proper name in the address bar though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…