Website email - can't set up a new account

spras 16:55 PM 11 Jan 13

I work for a small not-for-profit organisation and we're trying to set up a new email account ([email protected]) to supplement our existing account ([email protected]). Currently email is read through gmail - but is not an at @gmail address, it is definitely set up as an account (i.e. the organisations own domain).

However, when I log in to cpanel for the domain there is no reference to the account anywhere that I can find. This was confusing, but I thought not necessarily a barrier to doing what I wanted to do. Surely I could just set up the account I wanted and set up Gmail to pick up emails from it. This, however, doesn't work. Any email sent to the address bounce. I tried a catch all solution: turning on forwarding so anything prefixed to would forward to the [email protected] account. This doesn't work either, they bounce.

So I cannot for the life of me work out how the previous web admin has set up the email. It's not something I'm particularly experienced with, but imagine it should be rather more straightforward than this. Does anyone have any ideas?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday weekend deals & best UK Cyber Monday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The best Black Friday Deals for designers and artists – updated

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know