Website Creation

wullie294 20:02 13 May 08

Hi all.. a Silver Surfer needs assistance!
My local Lawn Bowling Club is interested in having it's own website, in order to promote itself and attract new members.

What exactly is involved in creating a new site from scratch ????

I told the Committee that my friends in the forums would advise...........So, advise away friends.

Thanks in advance.

mfletch 20:07 13 May 08

You would be better using a free already created site all you do then is to add what you want to it,

click here

wullie294 20:10 13 May 08

mfletch........ Will have a look-see

wullie294 21:24 13 May 08

The club would prefer, if possible... click here .... any further suggestions, folks ?

mfletch 11:53 14 May 08

I cannot get the link to work,

wullie294 15:13 14 May 08

fourm member...I will inform our committee of this option, when we meet on Mon. next.
I'll need to obtain whatever message they wish to include in the website, including Club history, photo's etc..

Any further suggestions are appreciated...

mfletch 15:30 14 May 08

Thank;s for pointing that out I thought is was a link to a website,

sheila.weston 17:32 14 May 08

Do you have a local U3A (University of the Third Age)? They probably have a web site and the person who does that is probably more than happy to tell you how they made it. I did one for our group using Front Page 2000, which was as easy as pie, but it now uses out of date code. You could use Front Page 2003 which is more up to date - look on ebay.

I am finding Expression Web, FP's replacement, a real headache, although it is a challenge!

Another idea is to see if your county has a website with links to various social activities. They may even have a template for you to use.

Good Luck.

wullie294 11:09 16 May 08

Hi all....for the present, I'm trying the Google Pages site...seems simple enough ...even for an 'Odie' like me....will keep u posted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…