website content update charges?

Patr100 12:52 21 Jul 07

Following on from this thread on website design contract :

click here

Thanks FE for your input . I am about to do something similar. The quotation for the design/setup etc is one aspect -once considered but what what about responsibility etc for regularly (or occasionally) updating site content once established if the clinet requires it longer term?

I have some possibilites how it could be arranged but would appreciate advice on what actually works best in practice not necessarily of course being able to easily predict how much updating would be required in each case -and the client of course may not know in practice.

Forum Editor 15:12 21 Jul 07

in practice, and that's to charge an hourly rate for work on the server. Unless you approach it in that way you'll find it impossible to predict your costs, and consequently your charges to the client.

That's the way I work with all my clients, I tell them how much an hour's work will cost them, and they are billed accordingly, after the updates are done. I advise them to collect their amendments and tweaks into batches, so they get better value for their money. There's a minimum one hour charge, and it doesn't make sense for them to pay for a full hour just to alter the date on something, or to replace an image.

Patr100 20:38 21 Jul 07

Thanks FE, that's what I thought would likely be the best approach.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced