Website complaint

Iceman244 13:05 08 Nov 09

I would like to know how to make an official complaint about a website and its service.

I have complained directly to the website, which is American, but they are not interested.

I hate poor customer service and would not put up with it in a shop or from a British service provider, but they would normally have a complaints procedure or governing body.

So can someone tell me if there is a governing body I can complain to about an American based website?

All help will be much appreciated.

johndrew 13:09 08 Nov 09
  Kevscar1 14:55 08 Nov 09

Might help to know what the complaint is

Forum Editor 19:17 08 Nov 09

of the country in which it's based you can complain to that country's authorities. In America that would mean the state authorities for whichever state hosts the site.

A good deal hangs on the nature of the problem, however. If you just want to complain about bad customer service you'll find it difficult - the site's operator is the one responsible for that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…