Website cannot display this page

Chattyone2 20:35 05 Jun 06

Since I have been using IE 7.0 and the Google Search Engine on the intergrated toolbar, almost everytime I try and click on a link I get this message.

The website cannot display the page
HTTP 500
Most likely causes:
The website is under maintenance.
The website has a programming error.

What you can try:
Refresh the page.

Go back to the previous page.

More information

This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.

If I type in the address I have no trouble opening the website. This happens on a great many of what I call main websites like Amazon, Pricerunner etc.
Has anyone else come across this problem

woodchip 20:40 05 Jun 06

It sounds like a IE7 security problem, keeping you out. You can adjust these on a individual basis. By adding the page into the above settings in IE

VoG II 21:02 05 Jun 06

Uninstall IE7. Start, Control Panel, Add or remove programs. At the top of the window tick Show Updates.

Chattyone2 09:05 08 Jun 06

Done as advised but still have the same problem...seems strange but if I type in the IP address rather than click on the seach results then there is no problem

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…