considering this is a first attempt. They've used a FrontPage theme, and although that's a great way for newcomers to get a site off the ground there are some issues here.
1. The navigation graphics and labels are fighting each other - it's because of the colours they've used. What you need in this context is contrast, and lots of it. White text might look better on the blue button - it's worth a try.
2. The page text contrasts nicely with the background, but because it's spread across the whole width of the page people will find themselves feeling irritated - it would look far better in a two-column table, newspaper-style, with perhaps a couple of small images in the text, to lighten the mood.
3. Tessa's email address hyperlink is going to attract spam - far better to type the address in plain text, or create it as a graphic. Let visitors type it themselves.
4. The top banner is - in my opinion - too large, and dominates the pages.
5. There should really be a 'terms & conditions of sale' page, outlining the terms under which all goods are sold. Any online business must comply with the provisions of current consumer legislation, and it's as well to set down the main points somewhere - what happens if someone decides to exercise their right to return something.
click here to see an example from another site.