website

podlod 20:39 06 Mar 09

Hi, i know I have discussed this subject before with some of you sometime in the past, but I still need help on a decision.
I desperately wish to have a website for my small business I wish to start on the Internet, but I really have not got a clue. I did toy with the idea on going to the SITE BUILD IT website and I could understand what they were explaining in detail, they also were the web hosting site which was good also as I could redirect all my inquiries there without touching my pc. The only prob was is that I could not afford their hundreds of pounds to start the way the financial prob is at the moment. I dont mind paying for another system like that, but not at that cost.Any ideas please?

kindly 16:01 08 Mar 09

Are you wanting to use the site for people to order from or just as an imformation site.
If its the latter then see if your ISP give you free web space and use a program like "ewisoft" to build your own site. This way it costs nothing. I know that companies charge hundreds of pounds for them to do what you could do yourself. Ok it might not be glitzy and glamourous but its yours.

justjill 20:38 08 Mar 09

Hello.

I've just started a small business and found that by using Namo Web Editor 6 (£6.99 new on eBay!) and finding out some very basic (and I mean VERY basic) stuff about html, I was able to cobble together my own website. It doesn't meet all the W3C standards and whatnot but it looks pretty and it works okay! If we ever need a shopping cart I'll have to call in the professionals!

Another idea might be to find some web design students who'd knock up a site on a budget for you?

HTH

kalpa 16:58 09 Mar 09

I want A similar website for my business

click here

Can anyone DO it Plz quote the prices also

Forum Editor 00:40 10 Mar 09

I'm afraid we don't allow forum members to use the threads for commercial purposes. I suggest that you use Google to find a suitable web designer.

podlod 11:34 13 Mar 09

Hi, thanks for your help, and I am going to give SITEBUILD a go, see how I get on, thanks again.

123joey123 15:13 09 Apr 09

Buy yourself a Serif package.If you can use a word processor you will be able to use Serif Web Plus.Some of the older Web Plus programmes are very cheap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now