Website

Birder 1 16:38 05 Mar 05

can anyone tell me where i can get info on setting up my own website and are there any anyone can reccomend please

Forum Editor 17:11 05 Mar 05

Just ask the questions, and we'll answer them.

If your serious about your site you'll need to approach it this way:

1. register a domain name with a decent web host.

2. sign up for one of the hosting packages.

3. Decide on some software to use.

4. Experiment - look at other sites, decide what you like, and try to adapt those ideas to your own needs.

5. Keep coming here for advice and help.

If you would like recommendations as to which hosting companies are the best choice, just ask - you'll get personal recommendations from people who speak from experience. Designing and publishing a first web site can be a slightly daunting process, and many people are discouraged by what they see as an impossibly complex process. It can be complex, but anyone with the will to see it through can make a very good job of it in a relatively short space of time - you'll just need some friendly guidance, and that's what you'll get here. So, ask questions in this thread, and off you go.

Birder 1 17:21 05 Mar 05

Thanks can you suggest a good web host please i am off for a few days so would have the time to get things started.

spuds 19:38 05 Mar 05

You could have a look at 1&1 click here and have a play around with their site creator.

If you want to use and try a Serif free website build programme, then download the web programme from click here

Talented Monkey 20:06 05 Mar 05

What type of website will this be? if you are going to use FrontPage to create your site then you must make sure that the hosting company you go for offer Front Page extensions.

My favouirte hosting company is webattention click here.

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 20:38 05 Mar 05

Buy domain from click here

Buy webhoasting from click here

This is what I am on at the moment costing me around £25 a year.

Very reliable but they had a power failure the other day.

I am not saying buy this but its only a suggestion.

Hope it helps

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…