Webshots Desktop Software

Uncle Den 11:34 06 Jun 03

I've just found this site and they offer a free software package with so many advantages that it sounds too good to be true - and my old Granny taught me that if it sounds....
Have any of you tried it? If so, opinions and/or comments would be appreciated. I like to know what I'm putting on my hard-drive.

If you want to have a look you may find it under Webshots Community on the Web. (I should have copied the address before I began to write this, shouldn't I - silly boy!)

Kryten 11:43 06 Jun 03

I have been using it for about a year for Desktop images, and have not experienced any problems.

leo49 11:48 06 Jun 03

If your kind of person that thinks aquarium screensavers are cute and desirable or can't decide what background picture you want then you'll probably love it.Afraid I wouldn't touch it with your bargepole. :o)

Uncle Den 11:59 06 Jun 03

Thank you Kryten. Thank you too Ieo49 - but why wouldn't you touch it with a bargepole - that's the sort of thing I'd like to know more about.

If anybody else wants to have a look, I suggest you try:

click here

for the one I went to.

If you just want to see excellent pictures (as I enjoy doing) entering Webshots Community in the address box will give you a whole range of such sites.

Please tell me more about Webshots Desktop Software...

Sir Radfordin™ 12:09 06 Jun 03

This has to be the worst thing ever, only install it if you want to slow your PC down, have something to clutter up the system and steal bandwidth as well as risk doing untold damage.

leo49 12:11 06 Jun 03

I've got no time for a program that runs using resources,does nothing useful or productive and wants to access the internet at whim and download whatever it fancies.If I want pictures on my PC,I've got thousands I've chosen to download so I really don't need a program to choose for me.I also don't want all the spam email which will undoubtedly follow in it's wake.I'm also feeling extremely grumpy and putitanical this morning after wrestling with a client's uncooperative PC for 5 hours till 11.30 last evening before it decided to give in and 'play nice'. :o)

leo49 12:12 06 Jun 03

putitanical? near enough to the 'R'

Uncle Den 12:20 06 Jun 03

Thanks all of you for your kind and erudite advice.

I somehow guessed my old granny knew a thing or two! I'll leave Webshots Desktop Software alone - except for looking at the pretty pics.

I think that concludes it unless somebody else wants to have a say...?

Legolas 14:30 06 Jun 03

No

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…